The EPIC Blue Sky Competition is an idea competition fostering entrepreneurial and innovative thinking. Participants are required to submit a 2-minute video showing an idea (product or service) that has the potential of solving an existing problem or satisfying a need in the marketplace.
EPIC Blue Sky Competition
The University of Windsor Alumni Association award consists of:
- 1st Place: $1000 CASH
- 2nd Place: $500 CASH
This is a team competition whereby:
- Each team must consist of 2-4 students
- Team members must be a current University of Windsor or St. Clair College student in any discipline
Applications are now closed, thank you for your interest in the EPIC Blue Sky Competition!
1st place ($1,000): Drivfluent
Hardik Sonetta, Computer science
Shriaa Sheth, Business
2nd place ($750): Slinger T-Mod longboard
Andrew Thibault, Mechanical Engineering
Stewart Allen, Industrial Engineering
Luke Marinelli, Mechanical Engineering
3rd Place ($500): Nomad Kitchen
Anh Lam, Master of Political Science
Duy-Khang Dang, Master of Management
Hoa Nguyen, Master of Mechanical Engineering
Click here to download the 2020 Blue Sky Launch Party Slideshow
Applications Open: Monday, March 1, 2021
Applications closed (upload to YouTube by): Sunday, March 14, 2021 midnight
Finalists (selected through People’s Choice): Sunday, March 21, 2021 midnight
Winners Announced: Friday, March 26, 2021
*People’s Choice is based on social media reactions, likes, shares, and comments*
- Up to 12 semi-finalists’ YouTube videos will be shared as a Playlist on the EPICentre Facebook Page
- The top 5 finalists will be selected through People’s Choice, via social media shares, likes, views, reactions & comments of the videos on the EPICentre FB playlist
- A panel of judges will choose the top 2 winners from the finalists
Teams will be judged on the following:
- Problem (scored out of 5):
- What is the problem your video is addressing?
- Solution (scored out of 15):
- What is the solution to your problem?
- Is your solution possible?
- How impactful is your solution?
- Is the solution relevant for your customer?
- Innovative (scored out of 10):
- Is the solution novel or unique?
- Does the solution have relevant differentiation from the competition?
- Does the product innovation have the necessary potential for sales and profit?
- Market Research (scored out of 10):
- Does your video show that there is a demand for the idea?
- Competition: Who else is selling the product or service?
- Customers: Who are the current and potential customers?
- Team Members (scored out of 5):
- Who are your team members?
- How will your team members contribute to the project?
- Quality of Video (scored out of 5):
- Is your video high-quality?
- Is your video convincing?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.