EPICentre’s makerspace is a collaborative and interactive place where students from all faculties as well as community members can explore, learn and make cool stuff. From high-tech equipment such as 3D printers and laser cutters, to simple hand tools, we provide a welcoming environment for makers to create and innovate. We also host workshops and webinars that allow participants to learn new skills and share ideas with each other.
Our makerspace is located inside the Ed Lumley Centre for Engineering Innovation (CEI), Room 1110 near the Tim Hortons.
Makerspace’s operating hours for winter semester (starting January 9th, 2023):
- Monday 10 am – 6 pm
- Tuesday 10 am – 6 pm
- Wednesday 9 am – 5 pm
- Thursday 10 am – 6 pm
- Friday 10 am – 6 pm
Looking to book an appointment with our MakerSpace staff to discuss 3D printing, laser cutting/ engraving, or any of the other services we offer? Please follow the link below.
Our makerspace is equipped with various digital manufacturing equipment and hand tools. The following is the list of current equipment and tools available (subject to change):
- 3D printers – Ultimaker 3 Extended, Stratasys Uprint SE, Stratasys Dimension 1200 ES
- Materials for 3D printers include ABS Plus, PLA, PETG, Nylon (we have a wide selection of compounds and colours on hand; if you require a print material not listed, please consult with our staff)
- Laser cutter/engraver – Epilog Mini 40W
- Materials for laser cutter include acrylic, plywood, TroLase laminate (you are welcome to bring your own materials as long as they work with our laser cutter; we have a small selection of materials on hand available for purchase)
- Sewing machine
- Soldering and heat gun station
- Cordless drill and bit set
- Dremel rotary tool and accessories
- Hot glue gun
- Screwdriver set (standard and electronic sized bits)
- Micro controllers and circuit prototyping supplies including (Arduino Uno boards, resistors, capacitors, wire etc.)
- Large work benches and breakout spaces
Access to 3D printers and laser cutter is facilitated through onsite staff. Just bring in your completed digital design file. Our staff are also available to provide advice on how to prep your digital file before printing or cutting.
Machine use and associated materials as well as certain supplies are subject to a fee. Payment is accepted via credit card only and must be provided before the start of the project. For fee estimation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to learn a new skill? Brush up on an existing one? We’ve got you covered! Check out webinars, tutorials, and other resources that we have developed to help you learn, tinker, and of course – create!
Intro to 3D Modeling: Autodesk Fusion 360
T-shirt transformation Workshop Featuring Stitch Happens
DIY Mini Garden
Microcontrollers and Programming
An Introductory Guide to EasyEDA
Learn How to Use Tinkercad
DIY Gimbal Phone Stabilizer
DIY Mini Fridge
DIY Bluetooth Speaker
DIY 3D Printer
Please access the following pdf’s for pricing on 3D printing and Laser cutting/engraving:
IN COLLABORATION WITH
Contact email@example.com with any questions.