EPICentre Outreach Student
This virtual position will support the coordination and marketing of EPICentre workshops, outreach, and other events, with a focus on the Blue Sky Competition. The EPIC Blue Sky Competition is an idea-based competition that fosters entrepreneurial and innovative thinking. Participants are required to submit a 2-minute video showcasing an idea (product or service) that has the potential of solving an existing problem or satisfying a need in the marketplace.
- Facilitate the preparation, marketing, and delivery of EPICentre workshops, outreach, and other events
- Contribute to EPICentre social media, blog, and newsletter to engage with alumni, partners, and community
- Support interdisciplinary and collaborative events, programs, and projects
- Assist in the preparation of a variety of written communication and media including promotional materials, presentations, and information sheets
The successful incumbent must possess:
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Remarkable time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborate with others, and work independently
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
Must be enrolled in UWindsor as a student to qualify for Ignite Work-Study.
- Duration: January 2021 to end of April 2021
- Rate of pay: $16/hour
- Hours per week: Up to 10 hours/week
- This position is remote/online
How to apply: 1. Apply through My Success as a student: https://success.uwindsor.ca/login.htm
Please indicate “EPICentre Outreach Student” in the subject line.
Deadline: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, at 4:30 pm