With the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic and in support of both federal and provincial initiatives to help mitigate the spread of the virus, EPICentre is physically closed until further notice.
Our operation remains open virtually. Updates on our operation and programs will be posted on our website and social media.
We will do our best to share resources available to support entrepreneurs and businesses affected by COVID-19 pandemic.
Support for Self-Employed Individuals
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) – Eligible workers can receive taxable benefits up to $2,000 every four weeks up to 16 weeks
Support for Businesses
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) – The subsidy covers up to 75% of an employee’s wages
- Temporary 10% Wage Subsidy – Three-month measure that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll reduction
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) – Interest-free loans up to $40,000 to small businesses and not-for-profits
- EDC Loan Guarantee for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises – Available through various financial institutions and credit unions to provide credit and cash flow term loans
- BDC Co-Lending Program for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises – Available through various financial institutions and credit unions to provide term loans for operational and liquidity needs
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) – Interest-free loans to help SMEs with fixed operating costs
The following local organizations also have great resources for entrepreneurs: