WINDSOR, ON – Three start-ups have joined EPICentre in the newly opened incubator space of EPICentre in January 2015. The three members are:
- Biosensive Technologies Inc.
- MLVC Technologies Inc.
- CAMufacturing Solutions Inc.
Each of our newsletters will feature a short interview with the owners/founders of each start-up. This month’s feature is CAMufacturing Solutions Inc.
Anthony Puzzuoli and Bora Lee, our EPICentre student ambassadors sat down with CAMufacturing’s President Bob Hendrick for a brief discussion:
1) How did you come up with your idea? How did you start up your business? Is it a partnership?
Our initial product idea came from a customer wanting to make life easier for his workers through automation. Our business is a partnership, incorporated in 2012.
2) What is the most valuable trait/skill a young entrepreneur should have?
The most valuable trait/skill a young entrepreneur should have is perseverance. The whole idea is to work harder when challenges arise over time.
3) How does the EPICentre support/advance your ideal company? Have you received any help from a mentor? If yes, what did they help you with?
EPICentre supports our company because they offer business and research contacts. We are doing collaborative research and development with the MAME dept. and have utilized the business and legal expertise available.
4) What stage is your business currently at?
Our business is at the 1st Minimum Viable Product release stage. We are an established contract service business.
5) Do you have any recommendations to young local entrepreneurs?
Be proud of this region, but don’t be afraid to leave or branch out if it is in your best interest.
6) What was the hardest obstacle you had to face to progress your business idea?
The hardest obstacle would be to figure out IP agreements and what is fair for everyone.