EPICentre is currently seeking a new Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR). Details about the position can be found below.
As a seasoned entrepreneur/intrapreneur, board member, business leader, and investor in startup firms, the EIR brings a crucial skill set and wealth of industry knowledge to the position. In addition to providing expertise through guest lectures, workshops and coordination with EPICentre Staff and Faculty, the EIR will share insight and experience that assists young entrepreneurs to more deeply understand and implement the processes of innovation and venture building.
The EIR will:
- Provide introductions, through various networks inside and outside of Windsor-Essex, to other successful business people who can help or advise EPICentre faculty, administrators, and youth ventures. This is a key role that will fill a current gap in mentor and investor expertise
- Assist in the effective development of applied business/leadership skills
- Provide advice about and connections to knowledge experts, angel investors, and venture capitalists
- Support multidisciplinary faculty in identifying contacts and projects relating to the pursuit of applied research of interest to EPICentre’s academic and business communities
- Assist EPICentre through involvement with UWindsor alumni and current student cohorts
- Provide mentorship and advice to startups involved in EPICentre programs, and provide monthly reports to the EPICentre Venture Start Director and Program Director
Term: Effective September 2017 – August 2019
The EIR would be expected to be physically present at EPICentre 2 days per month, or ½ day a week and available by email or phone for the odd emergency, and will be provided with an office during these office hours.
The EIR would also meet prior to his/her enrolment to set specific objectives and responsibilities.
EPICentre youth entrepreneurs are encouraged to meet the EIR individually, or in teams, to discuss practicum or venture creation issues. Students are expected to come prepared with questions, based on their ideas, opinions, and strategies for consulting projects and for potential and actual business ventures.
**A small stipend will be available, to be negotiated, as well as coverage for travel expenses, and some access to administrative support.
All interested candidates must submit a résumé and cover letter to Nicole Anderson, Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org