EPICentre’s makerspace is a collaborative space for students and community members to explore, learn and make cool stuff. Our makerspace is located at the Centre for Engineering Innovation (CEI) and is equipped with 3D printers, laser cutters, sewing machines, and other tools. Due to the pandemic, the makerspace has been closed since March 2020. We are currently getting it ready to be reopened again!
We are looking for an energetic student to fill a Part-time Makerspace Student Assistant for the summer. This position will have the opportunity to work with makerspace equipment and assist makerspace’s clients in their prototype creation process.
- Assist makerspace’s clients in prototype development using 3D printers or laser cutters and the general use of other equipment at the makerspace
- Implement makerspace policies and procedures to ensure the makerspace is run smoothly
- Facilitate and coordinate workshops and other activities for the makerspace
- Assist in the promotion of the makerspace to the target audience
- Troubleshoot issues of equipment and space and work with relevant department/vendor/consultant to address the issues
- Up to 15 hours a week
- Term: start ASAP until mid-September 2022
- Knowledge in design and 3D modeling software such as AutoCAD, Tinkercad, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Inkscape etc.
- Working knowledge in handling equipment and tools such as 3D printers, laser cutter, soldering etc.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience in workshop coordination
Interested students should email resumes to Wen Teoh at email@example.com no later than May 27th, 2022 at 4:00 pm.