EPICentre is looking for an energetic student to fill the part-time position of Makerspace Student Lead for the Windsor Mold Group EPIC Makers’ Base. Interested students should email resume and cover letter to Wen Teoh at email@example.com no later than July 15th, 2019
· Assist makerspace’s members in prototype development using 3D printers or laser cutter and the general use of other equipment at the makerspace
· Implement makerspace policies and procedures to ensure the makerspace is run smoothly
· Facilitate and coordinate Make It & Take Workshop series and other activities in the makerspace
· Assist in the promotion of Windsor Mold Group EPIC Makers’ Base to target audience
· Troubleshoot issues of equipment and space and work with relevant department/vendor/consultant to address the issues
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evening and weekends
· Up to 14 hours a week
· Four months contract, with a possibility of extension
· Must possess working knowledge in handling equipment and tools such as 3D printers, laser cutter, soldering etc.
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· Experience in workshop coordination
· Knowledge in design and 3D modelling software such as AutoCAD, Tinkercad, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Inkscape etc.
· Experience and knowledge in industrial setting and equipment
· Familiarity with Windsor Mold Group EPIC Makers’ Base’s activities and operations