EPICentre Community Leader in Residence (CLIR) – Role description
As a seasoned board member and executive in local non-profits and charities, the CLIR brings a crucial skill set and wealth of sector knowledge to the position. In addition to providing expertise through guest lectures, workshops and coordination with EPICentre Staff and Faculty, the CLIR will share insight and experience that assists local charities and student consultants to more deeply understand and implement the processes of social impact and organizational sustainability.
The LIR will:
• Assist in the effective development of capacity building and applied business/leadership skills within the charitable sector;
• Shepherd students through a capacity assessment of their assigned charity, including overseeing/assisting with their capacity improvement recommendations;
• Provide introductions to charities, through various networks inside and outside of Windsor-Essex, to increase the success of the O’Neil Community Impact Pilot. This is a key role that will fill a current gap in mentor expertise.
• Provide advice about and connections to knowledge experts, government funding agencies, collaborative or strategic opportunities, as appropriate;
• Share expertise and work collaboratively with the EPIC Social Innovation Program Coordinator;
• Assist EPICentre through involvement with UWindsor alumni and current student cohorts;
• Provide mentorship and advice to charities and enterprises involved in EPICentre social innovation and community impact programs, and provide monthly reports to EPICentre directors.
Effective October 2018 – April 2019 (7 months)
The CLIR would be expected to post office hours at EPICentre 4 hours per week and be available by appointment and by email or phone as needed.
The CLIR would also meet prior to his/her enrolment to set specific objectives and responsibilities.
Odette social impact consulting students and charities enrolled in the O’Neil Community Impact Pilot are encouraged to meet the LIR individually, or in teams, to discuss their social impact and capacity development strategies.
*A small stipend will be available, to be negotiated and some access to administrative support.
All interested candidates must submit resume and cover letter to:
Dr. Francine Schlosser, EPIC Executive Director, email@example.com
Wen Teoh, Venture Start Director, firstname.lastname@example.org