EPICentre recently wrapped up the second batch of the EPIC VentureWomen Program – a 4-month accelerator program to support female entrepreneurs. During this time, nine women changemakers had the opportunity to meet with mentors and advisors, attend exclusive workshops, and network with several business professionals from the Windsor-Essex community. Each venture was also granted $2,500 in funding on business expenses, and in addition, had the opportunity to pitch their business idea at the end of the program for a chance to win one of the two, $3,000 cash prizes.
Congratulations to the second VentureWomen graduating cohort:
- Avid Sensory Wellness – Founder, Abeer Ahmed
- Glow + Flourish Box – Founder, Nia Thompson
- K. Roy Fit – Founder, Kaden Roy
- Logic Executive Search & Workplace Solutions – Founder, Jennifer Charron
- Lumaki Labs – Founder, Mylene Tu
- Modern Worm Company – Co-founders, Brittany Gelinas & Stephanie Pilon
- Om Ice – Founder, Melissa Hopper
- Stitch Happens Studio – Co-founder, Caita Clemerson
- The Oops Box – Founder, Domenica Mediati
This program wouldn’t have been possible without the support from the EPIC Advisory Panel and workshop guest speakers; thank you to everyone who played an integral role in strengthening our community and female changemakers through this program.
Congratulations to Jennifer Charron and Melissa Hopper for winning the top prizes during the Final Pitch Competition. To view the LIVE Stream of the Final Pitch Competition, please click here. Thank you to our Final Pitch Competition award sponsors, Lucas Imagine Fund and Shibley Righton LLP. And a big thank you to our competition judges, Diane Reko, Jessica Koper, and Julia Mohamed.
Keep an eye out for our next round of EPIC VentureWomen Program, as the 3rd cohort will commence on International Women’s Day on March 8th, 2021.
The EPIC VentureWomen Program is in proud collaboration with RISE and sponsored by FedDev Ontario.