Call For Contributors – Maker Extravaganza, TORONTO, ON
We’re on the hunt for creative people, projects, organizations and ideas to exhibit at our weekend Maker Extravaganza held at the Toronto Reference Library over the weekend of August 1st & 2nd.
Over 100 makers, creatives, craftspeople and techy tinkerers will be gathering together to show off their projects and processes to a crowd of over 10,000 – and it’s FREE for both makers to exhibit and for the public to attend!
Applications are now open, but closing very soon on May 30th! So tighten your tool belts folks and send in your application before it’s too late to take part in the biggest Maker celebration this city has ever seen!
Maker Festival is all about celebrating making in all it’s forms. We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and/or highlight the process of making. Here are just some examples of what we’re looking for:
- Robots & Gadgets
- Origami & Paper Art
- Textile arts & yarnbombing
- Bicycles & electric vehicles
- Craft people showing their process
- Wearables, jewelry & creative fashion
- Flying things, kites, quadcopters and other RC vehicles
- Student projects (esp. engineering, industrial design, sculpture, etc)
- Puppets & theatre props/machines
- 3D printing, 3D printed things
- Glowing & blinking things
- Unusual tools or machines
Don’t identify as a maker but curious to find a way to get involved or contribute? AWESOME! Welcome to the world of making where curiosity is KING.