The 2018 AquaHacking Challenge, will galvanise the talent and ingenuity of the tech-savvy rising generation to focus their skills on solving water–related issues around Lake Ontario.
AquaHacking will work with key stakeholders to craft the challenges for these innovative hackers, to ensure that winning solutions are pragmatic and directly connected to implementing actors where impact can best be guaranteed.
The preliminary timeline for the 2018 AquaHacking Challenge is as follows:
– January 30, 2018: Lake Ontario issue are confirmed
– March 2018: Launch of 2018 AquaHacking Challenge
– May 2018: Semifinal team pitches and 5 top teams are selected to advance to finals
– October 2018: AquaHacking Challenge Finals
– Teams from Ontario, Quebec and the USA, will be invited to participate
– Mentoring of teams: from March through October.