The EPIC Ambassador Program is a student volunteer position for the Entrepreneurship Practice & Innovation Centre (EPICentre) located at the University of Windsor. Ambassadors must be current University of Windsor students and will represent the EPICentre on and off campus. Student Ambassadors will advocate and promote EPICentre programs & services by planning and hosting an event/activity for their respective faculty that promotes and educates the student body on our facilities services.
Benefits to the Program
• Volunteer position on the co-curricular transcript – great resume experience!
• Networking opportunity – great way to meet people on campus, and other networking opportunities through EPICentre workshops.
• Featured in our promotional material (newsletter, Facebook, Instagram… etc.).
• Learning opportunities through EPICentre workshops and events.
• Access to EPICentre events & facilities (key card granted upon request)
• Full-time or part-time student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Windsor.
• Excellent communication, networking, organization, and public speaking skills.
• Volunteer at minimum, 15 hours over a semester (3 months).
• Available to meet once a month for round table discussion (video conference available).
• (Optional) Write 1 blog post at the end of the semester regarding your EPICentre student ambassador experience.
Breakdown of Events & Activities
• Student Ambassadors are expected to dedicate a minimum of 15 hours to planning and hosting an event within their faculty that highlights EPICentre programs and services.
• Student Ambassadors must be available on November 8th and/or 9th to fulfil volunteer duties at the RBC EPIC Business Model Canvas Competition, a province-wide competition that invites student start-ups from post-secondary institutions across Canada to pitch their business ideas at the University of Windsor for the chance to win up to $14,000 in prizes.
Application Process Round 1:
Formal Application Applicants will be required to fill out an application and submit to Layan Barakat:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed and only successful applicants will be contacted and proceeded to Round 2. Round 2: Presentation selected applicants will be required to present in front of a Selection Committee. The presentation should include a powerpoint highlighting your past experience and qualifications that make you an ideal candidate for the EPIC Student Ambassador Program.