Call for Applications to the Lancers’ Lair
Sponsored by EPICentreUWill Discover – the first annual University of Windsor Undergraduate Research Conference – is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your work in a professional setting before your peers, faculty, and the community! The Lancers’ Lair, a session sponsored by EPICentre, will mimic the television show “Dragons’ Den”. Entrepreneurial students are asked to submit a proposal on their idea (see below). Once accepted to the Lancers’ Lair, they will work with the Centre for Teaching and Learning to create a 3-minute video pitch and will also create a poster showcasing their idea. At the conference, each pitch will be reviewed by a panel of judges, as well as a live audience. The panel will then have a 2-minute live Q&A session with each participant. Proposals are welcome from undergraduate students in all disciplines. Proposals can be specific to one discipline, or multi/interdisciplinary. Each proposal will be reviewed by expert faculty and guest respondents. Prizes will be awarded in many different categories! Proposal Elements All proposals must be research-based. Your proposal must therefore address each of the following areas:
- The importance of your business idea (what is the need?)
- The market research performed on your business idea
- What is the problem that you are trying to solve, and for whom? 4. The methodology (i.e. how you are going to solve this problem)
- What is your minimum viable product; what is your idea?
- Depth and originality of content
- Clarity of the proposal